Symbol Family Support Service is a specialist organisation, which exists to assess and support the parenting capacity of mothers and fathers who are vulnerable, for example, as a result of learning disability or young age.
Symbol brings together a specialist team of expert practitioners and the available evidence base to ensure that, where concern exists, parents have their parenting potential assessed, supported and understood.
The best interests of children and the safeguarding of vulnerable adults and children are paramount in all we do, whether it is long term support for families in the community or assessment of parenting capacity at one of our Ofsted rated “Outstanding” residential family centres.
- The very best interests of the children concerned are integral and paramount to the service’s philosophy and practice.
- External professionals say, ‘I enjoy working with this service because the staff are professional and competent. They always put the needs of the children first.’
- Written records demonstrate consultations with local and placing authorities being conducted in a timely manner
- Visiting professionals say, ‘I am confident that on every occasion this service always places the welfare of the child first.’
- Parents can be reassured that the service operates openly, honestly and realistically, with the welfare of the child based at the heart of its practice.